Terri Kasman is the Acting Division Chief with the Auditor-Controller’s Countywide Contract Monitoring Division. Terri manages approximately 50 professional auditors that conduct fiscal/contract compliance reviews of County social service and health service contractors, provides financial training to County contractors and staff, oversees the Contractor Alert Reporting Database, responds to special Board requested projects, and works with County departments to strengthen standard contract language to enhance the County’s oversight of its resources. Terri began her career with Los Angeles County in 1985 with the Auditor-Controller’s Audit Division. She is a Certified Public Accountant, and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting from the California State University, Northridge.
Countywide Contract Monitoring Division
The Division was established to strengthen the County's ability to monitor approximately 5,000 social services contractors that receive approximately $3 billion annually.
Members of the Countywide Contract Monitoring Division perform the following:
- Develop outcome measures used to establish performance based contracts for social service departments.
- Conduct fiscal and program reviews of social service contractors who provide services to the citizenry.
- Conduct special reviews and high priority audits requested by the Board of Supervisors.
- Confer with Board Offices, County contractors and high level County managers.
- Prepare written reports with recommendations to the Board of Supervisors.
- Provide training to the County's fiscal and contract monitoring staff.