Employment with the Los Angeles County Department of Auditor-Controller offers excellent opportunities for growth and development, benefits, and competitive salaries. Click on the links below to access current job postings and explore the possibilities. The Department of Auditor-Controller is an active Equal Opportunity Employer.
ASSISTANT ACCOUNTING SYSTEMS ANALYST
The application filing period is scheduled to open on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 8:00 AM and close Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 11:59 PM. Click here to view the job bulletin for details and to apply.
COMPENSATION AND PAY:
Annual Salary: $79,326.60 - $90,889.08*
(*includes base salary plus benefits package)
5.5% salary increase for employees who possess a valid CPA, CIA, or CISA.
(annual bonus based on payroll title and base salary)
Excellent benefits package includes a benefit allowance of $1,158 added to your monthly paycheck to purchase medical, dental, and other insurance coverage; a Contributory Defined Benefit Retirement Plan ("Pension"); and a 401(k) and 457 (similar to a 401(k)) deferred income plans that are each matched dollar-for-dollar for a total of up to 8% of your base salary. Employees also receive 10 days of paid leave, can use their benefits package to add up to 20 additional leave days per year, and receive 12 paid holidays per year.
The Assistant Accounting Systems Analyst position in the Department of Auditor-Controller is the entry-level position within our Accounting Systems Analyst professional career track.
Assistant Accounting Systems Analyst assist higher level analysts in performing systems analysis in connection with the development, evaluation, and review of large-scale and complex computerized and non-automated fiscal control systems. Work is performed within a limited framework of responsibilities and under close direct supervision of higher level analysts.
GROWTH AND ADVANCEMENT:
• Assistant Accounting Systems Analyst:
$79,326.60 - $90,889.08*
• Accounting Systems Analyst I:
$84,001.08 - $105,842.16*
• Accounting Systems Analyst II:
$87,908.76 - $110,966.16*
• Senior Accounting Systems Analyst:
$98,442.60 - $124,788.00*
• Principal Accounting Systems Analyst:
$109,076.76 - $168,176.36*
• Chief Accounting Systems Analyst:
$126,038.26 - 184,244.61*
*includes annual base salary plus benefits package
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS (Selection Requirements):
A Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university WITH:
• Twenty-one semester units or thirty-two quarter units of information systems classes; OR
• A combination of information systems and accounting classes totaling twenty-one semester or thirty-two quarter units, of which at least 8 semester units or 12 quarter units are information systems classes.
Note: If you will meet the requirements by August 31, 2017, you may also apply.
WHAT TO PREPARE:
For candidates who currently meet the requirements supporting documents include, but are not limited to the following:
• Scanned copy of Official transcript(s) for proof of completion of the required courses and bachelor's degree as stated in the Selection Requirements section of the bulletin;
• For international transcripts, an evaluation report completed by an evaluation agency recognized by The National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. The evaluation report must provide the U.S. degree equivalency as well as a course-by-course evaluation of the U.S. semester/quarter equivalency of the credits/units.
For candidates who will meet the requirements by August 31, 2017 supporting documents include, but are not limited to the following:
• Unofficial transcripts showing proof of current and continued enrollment (e.g., Winter/Spring 2017 enrollment, current course enrollment, etc.) toward meeting the Selection Requirements by August 31, 2017.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications will be accepted online during the filing period only.
The application filing period is scheduled to open on Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at 8:00 AM and close Thursday, January 26, 2017 at 11:59 PM.
Click here to access the Job Bulletin for details and to apply.
Note: When applying, all applicants MUST provide supporting documents to their applications by:
• ATTACHING the SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION TO YOUR APPLICATION AT THE TIME OF FILING;
• EMAILING the SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION TO ACRecruitment@auditor.lacounty.gov BY NO LATER THAN FEBRUARY 9, 2017. Please include your name, position title (Assistant Accounting Systems Analyst) and exam number (S2646C) on all emailed documents.
Failure to provide supporting documentation which clearly shows that you currently meet or by August 31, 2017 will meet the Selection Requirements may result in your application being rejected.
Please click on the links below for additional information.
• Interview Guide
• LA County - How an App Becomes a Job
Please continue to check this site for new or updated information.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at ACRecruitment@auditor.lacounty.gov.