Agripino Alonso is the Division Chief with the Auditor-Controller’s Countywide Contract Monitoring Division. Agripino manages approximately 50 professional auditors that conduct fiscal and program reviews of County social service contractors, provide financial training to County contractors and staff, oversee the Contractor Alert Reporting Database, respond to special Board requested projects, and work with County departments to strengthen standard contract language to enhance the County’s oversight of its resources. Agripino began his career with Los Angeles County in 1998 with the Auditor-Controller’s Audit Division. He is a Certified Public Accountant and a Certified Internal Auditor, and holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Accounting from California State University, Fullerton, and a Certification in Risk Management Assurance from the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Countywide Contract Monitoring Division
The Division was established to strengthen the County's ability to monitor approximately 5,000 social services contractors that receive approximately $3 billion annually.
Members of the Countywide Contract Monitoring Division perform the following:
- Develop outcome measures used to establish performance based contracts for social service departments.
- Conduct fiscal and program reviews of social service contractors who provide services to the citizenry.
- Conduct special reviews and high priority audits requested by the Board of Supervisors.
- Confer with Board Offices, County contractors and high level County managers.
- Prepare written reports with recommendations to the Board of Supervisors.
- Provide training to the County's fiscal and contract monitoring staff.